F´ (or F Prime) is a software framework for the rapid development and deployment of embedded systems and spaceflight applications. Originally developed at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, F´ is open-source software that has been successfully deployed for several space applications. It has been used for, but is not limited to, CubeSats, SmallSats, instruments, and deployables.
F´ has the following features:
- Component architecture with well-defined interfaces
- C++ framework providing core capabilities like queues, threads, and operating-system abstraction
- Tools for designing systems and automatically generating code from system designs
- Tools for unit and system-level testing
- A standard library of flight-worthy components
F´ Information and External Resources
- GitHub Repository
- Community GitHub Organization
- Architecture Overview
- Community Forum and Mailing List
- Note: Community forum has been replaced by Discussions since mid June 2021.
- Latest Documentation
- v3.1.0 Documentation
- v3.0.0 Documentation
- v2.1.0 Documentation
- v2.0.1 Documentation
- v2.0.0 Documentation
- v1.5 Series Documentation
To start with F´, follow the installation guide. Then inspect either the reference application, Raspberry Pi reference, or the tutorials.