F´ is a software framework for rapid development and deployment of embedded systems and spaceflight applications. Originally developed at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, F´ is open source software that has been successfully deployed for several space applications. It has been used for, but is not limited to, CubeSats, SmallSats, instruments, and deployables.
F´ has the following features:
- Component architecture with well-defined interfaces
- C++ framework providing core capabilities like queues, threads, and operating-system abstraction
- Tools for designing systems and automatically generating code from systems design
- A standard library of flight-worthy components
- Testing tools for unit and system-level testing
|User Guide||User Guide|
|Community Forum and Mailing List||https://groups.google.com/d/forum/fprime-community|
|Community GitHub Organization||https://github.com/fprime-community|
|Standard Reference Application||Ref|
|Raspberry PI Reference Application||RPI|
F´ System Requirements
In order to develop applications with F´, the following requirements of the user’s system must be met.
- Linux or Mac OS X operating system (or Windows Subsystem for Linux on Windows)
- CMake https://cmake.org/download/ available on the system path
- Bash or Bash compatible shell
- CLang or GCC compiler
- Python 3 and PIP https://www.python.org/downloads/
Quick Installation Guide
F´ can be quickly installed and ready to use by cloning the GitHub repository, installing Python code (typically in a virtual environment), and building on of our reference applications. For full install instructions please see: INSTALL.md.
Clone and Install
git clone https://github.com/nasa/fprime.git cd fprime pip install --upgrade wheel setuptools pip pip install Fw/Python Gds/
Build the Ref Application
cd Ref fprime-util generate fprime-util install
Run the Ref Application
./bin/*/Ref ... CTRL-C
Full information on the code and F´ are available at our Github page: http://github.com/nasa/fprime.